Raleigh Keegan Releases LA-inspired Track Ahead of Upcoming EP
‘A Tale of 7 Cities,’ Due Out June 24
Excited about the release, Raleigh Keegan shares, “This song came from me listening to an influencer in LA talking about how lonely the city can be. I wrote this story about that particular person looking to find themselves on the west coast, only to find themselves lonely and running away from a past relationship. I’m really proud of this song. It makes you feel like you are driving around the west coast at night when you listen. I can’t wait for this whole project to be out into the world.”
Keegan was inspired to write the track because of the intimidating nature of the city and decided to create a song out of a fictional trip he took out west. This track, much like the rest of the EP, features Keegan’s soothing vocals and personal storytelling; however, this particular track finds Keegan sharing his perspective on what it may look like living in LA.
A Tale of 7 Cities will release this summer and is a collection of eight tracks plus one bonus track, with the EP featuring songwriting from Mark Narmore, Alex Dooley, Danielle Blakey, Rick Huckaby, Dan Wilson, Cassidy Lynn, Daniel Leathersich, Ryan Brisotti, and James Robert Webb, Kelly McKay, and Chad Judd.
A Tale of 7 Cities comes on the heels of Keegan’s critically acclaimed debut album, Clocks Roll Forward (2021). With this EP, he has taken on a new genre of creative country, elevating and stretching his songwriting and authentic lyricism. The idea for A Tale of 7 Cities fell into Keegan’s lap after realizing similarities in his accumulation of unreleased music. With several city-titled tracks already underway, Keegan was inspired, spinning the title of the classic “A Tale of Two Cities” and creating both a real and fictional map of songs for his fans to explore.
Keegan’s songwriting often stems from his unconventional upbringing. He was born in an Ohio State Penitentiary by his incarcerated mother and was adopted into a large loving family in Ohio a few days later. As an independent artist, Keegan holds an overwhelming amount of drive. He once sold his house to pay for his first EP and booked over 150 shows per year on his own in the first three years of his career (including an opening slot for Keith Urban). He has since grown his loyal social media fan base to nearly 150K followers and has more than 200K monthly listeners across platforms.
A Tale of 7 Cities Track Listing:
1. “Cold Day in Tucson” (Raleigh Keegan, Mark Narmore, and Alex Dooley)
2. “Send My Love to Lexington” (Raleigh Keegan, Dan Wilson, and Cassidy Lynn)
3. “How’s the View in New York City” (Raleigh Keegan, Danielle Blakey)
4. “New to Nashville” (Raleigh Keegan, Daniel Leathersich, and Ryan Brisotti)
5. “Paris Wheel” (Raleigh Keegan, Mark Narmore, and Alex Dooley)
6. “Lonely Night in LA” (Raleigh Keegan and Rick Huckaby)
7. “Miss Me Memphis” (Raleigh Keegan, Kelly McKay, and Chad Judd)
8. “Where My Home Is” (Raleigh Keegan, Daniel Leathersich, and Ryan Brisotti)
9. Bonus Track: “Lost in Vegas” (Raleigh Keegan, Alex Dooley, and James Robert Webb)